Premises Liability Attorney
The world is full of dangers, some avoidable, others not so much. Fortunately we live in a society where lawmakers believe that if your injuries are caused by someone else's carelessness, you may be entitled to compensation. When you are hurt on poorly maintained property, this is area of the law is called Premises Liability and an Atlanta premises liability lawyer can help you get the compensation that you deserve. Premises liability is a pretty broad term and can cover anything from a slip and fall at the mall to a swimming pool accident at a neighbor's pool. Anytime you or a family member is unjustly hurt on others' property may be covered under premises liability law in Atlanta, GA.
If you have suffered an injury at a neighbor's house, a store, an apartment complex or any other property, call the Atlanta premises liability lawyers at The Berry Law Group today. We work hard to make sure our clients get the results they want. Don't look at what other law firms have done in the past, look at what we can do for you in the future. Call The Berry Law Group today to get started.
Premises Injury Lawyer
Premises Liability law is very complex and can cover many areas. Any property that is hazardous and causes you to injure yourself can be covered under premises liability law. When you get hurt, it is important to speak to a premises liability attorney right away. Speaking to a lawyer is the best way to make sure you know your rights and will get all of the compensation that you deserve. Some of the most common areas of premises liability in Atlanta include:
- Injury at a Store – Stores have the responsibility to keep patrons safe from unreasonable hazards. Wet floors without signs, stray merchandise and unmarked steps are all examples of unreasonable hazards at stores. If the management uses more care, all of these hazards can be rectified quickly.
- Injury at an Apartment Complex – Both tenants and visitors have the right to be safe at an Atlanta apartment complex. Management is responsible for keeping public areas safe from hazards and hiring qualified and trustworthy employees. A premises liability attorney can help you decide if your injuries are eligible for a compensation claim.
- Pool/Water Injury – Pools and hot tubs can be very dangerous, especially for children. Unsecured pools and hot tubs are always considered a hazard, but pools that are not maintained are even worse. Swimmers can be injured by broken equipment and even trapped underwater if their hair or clothes get caught on broken drains and pipes.
- Deck/Backyard Injury – Neighbors' backyards can be full of dangers, especially if they are not maintained properly. Dangers can include a range of things, but deck collapses are very serious and more common than many people realize.
- Trip and Fall – Any store, bank, apartment complex or other property that leaves objects in a walkway leaves themselves open to trip and fall liability. If you trip over an object that was an obvious hazard and should have been removed by the owner or property manager, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Slip and Fall – Similar to trip and falls, slip and falls apply to puddles, slippery floors, and other dangerous conditions. If the floors of a business or other property are dangerous and provide no warning, you may have a case to receive compensation, so call a premises liability lawyer at The Berry Law Group.
- Attractive Nuisance – When property has an item on it that is dangerous but also appealing to children, Atlanta law states that the owner must do their best to keep children away. If a child can easily access a pool, broken playground equipment or some other hazard, they may be liable for any injuries that occur.
Regardless of where you are injured, you will need compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages from inability to work and more. If you want to make sure you are getting the money you need for all of your expenses, call the premises liability lawyers at The Berry Law Group.